Tuesday, June 09, 2015

I'll Buy That

© by Gerald So | geraldso.blogspot.com | 6:30 A.M.

This week's question on 7 Criminal Minds has to do with book promotion on social media. I don't know which social network was best for sales, but I do know what leads me to buy a book most often: reading an excerpt of the book itself. That is the best way to tell whether I'd like to spend more time with the characters and story.

I enjoy live readings for free tastes of books. Sometimes the author's voice isn't well suited to the character being read, but other times it is. A recent example of the latter was New Jersey teacher Jen Conley reading from her novel-in-progress, Seven Ways to Get Rid of Harry, told from a middle-school boy's viewpoint, at Noir at the Bar NYC June 7. Finish that book, Jen!

No comments: