Saturday, July 04, 2015

Freedom

© by Gerald So | geraldso.blogspot.com | 6:00 A.M.

I have a different, simpler take on freedom this Fourth of July, as I spent the early part of this week recovering from a stomach bug that had me not wanting to move from bed. I was up and about by Tuesday with a new appreciation for things like standing and snacking.

It's great that the States were established on principles of freedom, but we should also look forward, ensuring the future of all citizens and those who wish to become citizens in the spirit of those principles. When we all acknowledge that we deserve equal rights, we will all see that we deserve equal respect.


This week's Five-Two poem ran as scheduled, "Elegy for a Lost War":



I'm seeking the final poem of The Five-Two's fourth year. Submit today.

No comments: