Saturday, January 21, 2017

New Term's Resolution

© by Gerald So | 3:30 A.M.

I avoided watching the inauguration yesterday, but then I haven't watched any inauguration live. I voted for Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump, but I don't feel either represents me particularly well.

As the results came in on election night, I prepared myself to have Trump as president. I don't know if Russian hacking, the FBI, or WikiLeaks helped him win; they didn't sway my vote. As long as Trump's win isn't overturned, however, I have to live with him as president.

Not that my life will change in any way I can see. I've always tried to do the most good for the most people, put the many ahead of myself. I've always been in the minority. Individuality is the ultimate minority after all. My identity, my values, my responsibilities don't change with the president.

No comments: