Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thanksgiving

© by Gerald So | 1:30 a.m.

I had a nice Thanksgiving with the extended family, visiting an aunt on dialysis. She's had a few hospital stays this year and uses a wheelchair to get around, but the past few months, she's been home and is eating better.

I know I'm posting a week late. It's been hard to find things I'm thankful for this year. I'm galled by how poorly President Trump is representing America, but in response I've made more of an effort to understand all my representatives' agendas and how they stack up against mine. I'm thankful that, thinking more critically about my representatives, I'll be able to make better choices from now on. (No, I didn't vote for Trump.)

I'm also galled that several celebrities were allowed to get away with sexual harassment or worse for years, Trump for one, but I'm thankful they are being exposed and expelled. I hope it leads to higher standards of behavior in all workplaces.

Finally, if you've kept up with this blog, you know I've been working on a short story on and off for a year, not counting that I started it as a novel twenty-two years ago. On one hand, I wish I'd made more progress. On the other, I'm thankful to be working on it, to have not given up.

No comments: