Sunday, March 06, 2005

This Month on DetecToday

This month on DetecToday, we're discussing the novel NORTHCOAST SHAKEDOWN by James R. Winter. I just read the book and enjoyed it. As I said onlist:

[Winter's P.I.] Kepler had some of Spade's slickness to him, working the system to his advantage, trying to stay one step ahead, but occasionally having a loose end sneak up from behind and clock him...I especially enjoyed the last ten or so pages, when I thought everything had been wrapped up and Jim threw in a confession scene that tied everything together in a new way.

Well done.


You can join DetecToday to see more of the discussion. On Sunday, March 20, Jim will be stopping by for a live chat with members. I'll shortly post some links on the sidebar to books I recommend, this one included.

On Thursday, March 24, DetecToday welcomes Robert J. Randisi, founder of the Private Eye Writers of America, who will chat about his recent anthology MURDER...AND ALL THAT JAZZ.

No comments: