Sunday, December 07, 2008

Get Some LEVERAGE

I'll be watching the commercial-free premiere of Leverage tonight at 10 on TNT. "The series follows a team of thieves, hackers and grifters who act as modern-day Robin Hoods, taking revenge against those who use power and wealth to victimize others."

The show sounds right up my alley, but also, my friend Christine Boylan is on the writing staff.

UPDATE (12:00 AM): Claiming his designs have been stolen, an airline CEO (Saul Rubinek) hires a hacker, some muscle, and a female daredevil (Aldis Hodge, Christian Kane, and Beth Riesgraf respectively) to steal them back. He appeals to ex-insurance investigator Nate Ford (Timothy Hutton) to run the team. When the team realizes they've been scammed, they decide to run a scam in return.

Leverage is a fast-paced show with characters who are distinct enough and yet have good chemistry together, and the whole dish is served with a sense of fun. The series moves to Tuesdays 10 PM this week, and I will follow.

1 comment:

MysterLynch said...

I am very interested in seeing this.

I liked Hutton in Kidnapped and am hoping this one has legs.