Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ten Years!

Ten years ago today, I started this blog with the title "If You Want to Know About My Life", intending to get off my chest whatever kept me from writing fiction or poetry. That's still my approach. I can't think of how to sum up the decade, but I don't have to. That's what archives are for.

Blogging has been declared dead for at least half as long as I've been at it. There are faster, flashier ways to communicate, sure, but blogs are still here because enough people appreciate them, and I still blog because I still care. I suspect the same will be true of paper books for at least the next ten years. Readers will read them, and publishers will publish them.

Until next time.


5 comments:

David Cranmer said...

I raise a toast to another ten years, Gerald.

Gerald So said...

Cheers, David.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Not a lot of blogs stick around for 10 years.

Gerald So said...

Thanks, Bill.

Deborah Lacy said...

Congratulations Gerald. What an accomplishment. Here's to the next ten!