Sunday, January 25, 2004

I've Finally Seen: A FEW GOOD MEN

TBS Superstation has repeated A FEW GOOD MEN a bunch of times. I was hooked every time I saw it, but never caught it from the beginning. So, upon receiving a DVD player this Christmas, it was the first movie I shopped for. Watching the movie eleven years after it was made, I get a time capsule feeling. Here is a movie with Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson, Demi Moore, Kevin Bacon, Kevin Pollak, Kiefer Sutherland, written by Aaron Sorkin, directed by Rob Reiner, all bringing their best, and it shows onscreen.

In a way, I'm glad I discovered this movie after the TV series "JAG." The show in its first season would have been a letdown, and I might not have hung in there. With the show's move to CBS, and Harmon Rabb meeting his match in Sarah MacKenzie, the show has flourished. It's also interesting to note the movie features NIS agents. The same year the movie was made, NIS (Naval Investigative Service) was redesignated "NCIS."

No comments: