Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Birthdays and Birthday Suits

Today is Sheryl Crow's 42nd birthday, which means one of my favorite, most respected musicians was born within days of Axl Rose. If you check out my friend John's bio on www.gnrtribute.com, he lists Sheryl Crow under "Favorite Bands Besides GnR." John liked the cover of "Sweet Child O' Mine" Crow did a few years ago, which I haven't heard yet.

Today is also Jennifer Aniston's 35th birthday. Am I the only one who tired of the Ross-Rachel, Rachel-Ross, Ross-Rachel romance by the third season of "Friends"? Because of this, I can't say whether the show has stayed fresh over ten years, but from the outside looking in, I don't think so.

I do have fond memories of the day a girl from Hofstra's humor magazine, Nonsense, sharing an office with Font, was mistakenly sent Rolling Stone's poster of a naked Aniston cleverly concealed by a bedsheet. Not wanting said poster, the girl gave it to me.

Lastly, today is Burt Reynolds's 68th birthday. Some readers say a young Reynolds would have made the ideal movie Spenser. Alas, we'll never know. Spenser creator Robert B. Parker did write a few episodes of Reynolds's ABC Mystery Movie series "B.L. Stryker."

No comments: