Friday, February 06, 2004

Blogged by Association

Today is Axl Rose's 42nd birthday, which itself means nothing to me as someone who avoided 80s metal. But Axl did date my favorite model-slash-actress, Stephanie Seymour, in the early 90s. I would have liked to date her. She has since outgrown Axl--good for her--and married Interview magazine mogul Peter Brant. They have two sons and live in Connecticut.

I did avoid metal in the 80s, but in the 90s I attended a few Guns n' Roses tribute gigs. My friend John Ricotta, a co-worker on Hofstra's literary magazine Font, has the role of Slash in the L.I. band Appetite for Destruction.

It's also Mike Farrell's 65th birthday. Farrell, of "M*A*S*H" fame, has provided the voice of Jonathan Kent on WB Animation's "Superman" and "Justice League" cartoons.

No comments: