Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Don't Know Why

A third note from IMdb on Jazz singer Norah Jones:

Success Shocked Norah Jones

Jazz singer Norah Jones is amazed at how successful she has become, but wishes her debut album wasn't so "full of mistakes". The 24-year-old has sold over eight million copies of Come Away With Me and it won eight Grammys, but Norah finds it difficult listening to the disc without spotting all the little errors she made. She says, "I wasn't ready for it. That sort of success makes me uncomfortable. It's my first record, it's full of mistakes, things I don't like and think could be better. But at the same time, it's cool. I am glad people liked it. I am proud of it, but I am still working on my music."


Any writer knows the feeling. Jones's debut Come Away with Me is one of the few albums I can enjoy all the way through. Another is Sheryl Crow's C'mon C'mon.

No comments: