Tuesday, February 17, 2004

"Sometimes I Dream, That He is Me..."

Gatorade/Wheaties/Hanes/McDonald's favorite Michael Jordan has a birthday today. As a fan of the Lakers and Knicks, I didn't like Jordan for much of his first run with the Bulls. The image of him shrugging off a string of three-pointers in the '92 Finals against Portland still gets to me. However, just as I came to admire Larry Bird, I found myself in Jordan's corner during the Bulls' second threepeat (trademark of Pat Riley).

Rather than end his career with a storybook shot over Utah's Bryon Russell, Jordan chose to unretire a second time for two novelty seasons with the Washington Wizards. After those, I hope he stays retired. Then again, he's only 41.

The day's other celebrants include Denise Richards (33), Jerry O'Connell (30), Jason Ritter (24), and Paris Hilton (23).

No comments: