Friday, March 26, 2004

It's a Gut-Watchin' Day

Some friends and I from the glorious first days of Font had dinner last night at Virgil's BBQ in Times Square to celebrate one guy's impending fatherhood, another guy's role in launching Cargo, the new buyers' guide for men; one gal's budding success at scriptwriting, and another (absent) one's acceptance to grad school at the University of Minnesota.

My biggest news was two stories of mine coming to e-zines near you. I'll keep you blog readers in suspense a while longer if I may. The night was capped by my future-dad friend saying, "So are you writing anything new or just honing old stuff?"

Way to keep me grounded, kemosabe. These guys have known me too long.

Oh, what did I have to eat? Barbecue nachos, biscuits and gravy, two skewers of jumbo barbecue shrimp, french fries, cornbread, cheese grits, and raspberry peach cobbler. Yum-yum.

Most of the time, I'm a barrel-chested 5'8", 165. Once or twice a week, I lift weights and box. I walk a mile a day, and might do so later. Right now, I'm happily watching my gut.

No comments: