Tuesday, April 20, 2004

A Little Buildup

I subscribe to several e-mail lists of interest to writers, mostly on Yahoo! Groups. On a couple of these, announcements of publication, corresponding congrats, and other acts of self-promotion are the order of the day. At best, self-promotion feels slick to me. At worst, it's desperate: "Read my wife, please." Still, if a writer's work can't sound good to himself, how can he invite others to read it?

My normal m.o. is to announce a story when it is published and not before, but seeing as my next story--the third C.J. Stone--is due out in two weeks or so, I thought you'd like a chance to get caught up. (I'm taking a page from Miramax, who released KILL BILL Vol. 1 on DVD a week before Vol. 2 premiered in theaters.)

If you haven't stumbled upon it before, you can now visit a webpage of background on Stone and cohorts, complete with links to his two previous appearances. Thanks, and let me know what you think.

No comments: