Tuesday, May 25, 2004

New Hardluck Stories Zine

The Spring Issue of Hardluck Stories Zine is now up. Just over three weeks ago, I began documenting my latest writing project, a story for Hardluck that I re-imagined and wrote in less than a week to meet the deadline. Though the story was not selected, I had a great time writing it, a sprint as opposed to my usual jog. Hopefully I can continue to run with ideas, next time maybe not so close to deadline.

Perusing the stories that were selected takes the sting out of rejection. As the Syms commercial says, "These are names you must know," that have made the rounds of quality websites and small press journals: Plots with Guns Associate Editor Trevor Maviano, the ubiquitous Stephen D. Rogers, fellow Lynx Eye alum Andy Henion, crime fiction maven Sarah Weinman, Plots with Guns author Brandon Hebert, and noir newcomer Patrick J. Lambe.

No comments: