Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Aloha

As alluded to in my previous entry, I'm preparing for a vacation in Hawaii, running Thursday, June 10 to Wednesday, June 23. I last went to Hawaii with my brother and several cousins four years ago and had a great time.

In the meantime, I've learned more about how to relax, basically not to look too far into the future or the past.

Keep your concentration here and now where it belongs.

I used to focus on one crucial event at a time, use a tremendous amount of energy preparing to face said event, blurring smaller events around it. And as we all know today's smaller events become next week's big events if we lose track of them completely.

There is some good to be taken from every moment of every day, and part of our minds should be free to recognize it. In recognizing it, we nourish our imaginations, our creativity, that which helps us through life.

Back with tales of my travels...

3 comments:

Dave White said...

Hey guys... shhhh... Gerald's away... let's load up his comments sheet with stuff.

Graham Powell said...

So, should we insult him? "Dave, do you think Gerald's obvious lack of a girlfriend is due more to his charm or his good looks?"

Or maybe disrespect the Lackers a little bit? "Did you see the Detroit game? I haven't seen a beating like that on TV since Rodney King!"

(Okay, that was a little insensitive, but it was a joke from Magic Johnson's talk show.)

We could just plug his work. The latest C. J. Stone story over at Shred is pretty good.

Dave White said...

Pretty good? I think it's his best story yet. Okay, change of plan. Let's all go over to Shred and read his story, then come back here and flood his blog comments with our comments about his story.