Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Delayed Reactions

Some days seem too long, yet not long enough to do all I want, which is why I find myself awake at this hour watching tapes of "NCIS," reading my first Ben Perkins novel, The Harder They Hit, and not wanting to go blogless too long.

Mike Tyson turns 38 today. Once upon a time, I enjoyed watching Tyson. I enjoyed what he, with his black socks, trunks, and no-nonsense approach, seemed to represent. Tyson has since become a parody of himself.

Spider-Man 2 premiered nationwide today, and I had no way of getting to a theater. Just as well. I haven't been able to muster up excitement for many movies in the past few years. I used to think there ought to be more superhero movies. No more. That said, I'm down for this sequel first chance I get. I'm also considering the DVD of the 1967-1970 Spider-Man cartoon.

In the chill of night
at the scene of a crime,
like a streak of light
he arrives just in time...

1 comment:

Dave White said...

Saw it last night. It kicked ass... very well worth seeing in the theaters... blew away the first one.