Monday, August 02, 2004

Bourne vs. Bond

I saw The Bourne Supremacy yesterday. I haven't seen the prequel yet, but I like how tight the continuity seems to be. I also liked how any necessary exposition was weaved into the flow of the action, making for no lulls. For example, Bourne uses gadgets like Bond, but he doesn't need a funny old man to tell him how to use them. It becomes clear eventually what each gadget does.

Bourne also keeps the smug one-liners to mininum, something the Bond people forgot how to do a long time ago.

My only complaint was that the camera work was at times too fast, but if nothing else, that was good for a laugh: Bang-bang-ba-bang-bang!

Finally, like Bond, Bourne has been handed off to a new author after the originator's death. In this case, it's Eric Van Lustbader and his Bourne Legacy, so Bourne could become a box office behemoth, too.

1 comment:

Dave White said...

Bourne kicked ass. Well worth the 9 bucks.