Saturday, August 21, 2004

Right Up My Alley

From Yahoo! TV:
Marvel Superheroes Guide to New York City

Ever wonder what real-life New York City landmarks inspired the creators of comic books? Well, wonder no more. Since the 1930s, NYC has been home to many a superhero -- including Spider-Man, Captain America and the Fantastic Four (soon to be a feature film with Michael "The Shield" Chiklis). Over and over again, these spandex-clad champions of justice have saved the citizens of the Big Apple from certain destruction. This special from the Travel Channel will look at the city through the eyes of these pencil-and-ink creatures (and their authors).

I missed Friday's airing, but it's replaying tomorrow at 1 p.m., and I've set the VCR.

1 comment:

Dave White said...

I watched this today, and while the first half hour was kind of interesting, when it fell to 9/11 talk it got a bit overly sappy and laid off the comic book talk for too long. Kind of lost it's way, I thought.