Wednesday, September 29, 2004

e-Zine Scene

The other day, Dave Zeltserman of Hardluck Stories Zine opened submissions for the Winter 2005 issue, edited by Michael A. Black.

Yesterday, the new Plots with Guns went live.

We at Thrilling Detective are aiming for a November 1 release.

There's nothing like new issues to kick my imagination into gear. I plan to have a fourth C.J. Stone story ready in advance of Hardluck's December 10 submission deadline.

What specifically got this story moving? Previous stories establish that C.J. and Johnny became partners after a bar brawl in which one saved the other from a beating. Only neither remembers the details too clearly.

The big question was, "How did the fight start?"

I think I've come up with an entertaining answer. Now I just need a main plot.

No comments: