Tuesday, September 14, 2004

The Mother Lode

I made some orders last week, and by coincidence they all arrived today:
  • The 2005 Novel and Short Story Writer's and Poet's Markets - tried-and-true resources for us freelancers

  • The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 2 by Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill - Literary allusion meets superhero mythos. What could be better?

  • Successful Television Writing by Lee Goldberg and William Rabkin - I didn't have the early aspiration to write for TV that some do, but I have always wondered how it's done, what goes on behind the scenes. I've also learned to explore any avenue of writing. Never know when one will come in handy.

  • Quantum Leap: Music From the Television Series - this CD includes songs from memorable episodes as performed by Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell, instrumentals from composer Velton Ray Bunch, and an interview with Bakula.

  • The Transporter Special Edition DVD - I'd wondered about this movie since its quick exit from theaters two years ago. Great action and not as inconsistent as I'd heard. Worth the $10 and change I paid.

No comments: