Tuesday, October 19, 2004

"Let Mortal Kombat Begin."

The Yankees-Red Sox series is now the war of attrition fans expected. After Saturday's 19-8 drubbing, the Sox have won the past two games in twelve and fourteen innings respectively.

Mariano Rivera has blown two straight saves, but in fairness, these were two-inning situations, and he has not cost the Yankees either game outright. These games have been a matter of David "Big Papi" Ortiz finally breaking through in the late innings. If I have to lose anything, I prefer to lose to the opposition's best. At least the Yankee losses haven't been due to avoidable errors.

The teams return to the Bronx for Game 6 tonight. I have a feeling the series will end the way I recently defeated the Dragon King in Mortal Kombat: Deception for PlayStation 2. Using every weapon and technique in my character's arsenal, it still came down to absorbing the boss's best attacks, hitting against his blocks. Finally--both our health meters drained--I won on what amounted to a poke.

No comments: