Friday, November 26, 2004

Black Friday

In the past, I would wake up late the day after Thanksgiving, feeling lethargic. Not this year. It seemed like I ate a lot and I did nap, but only briefly, and woke up early this morning and sent out more poems.

It rained most of the day yesterday, but this morning is sunny and cold--perfect for a brisk walk.

Before I do that, I want to note birthdays for Tina Turner (65), Rich Little (66), and Robert Goulet (71). When I was 16, I took voice lessons at LSU. I learned several show tunes from THE MAN OF LA MANCHA and CAMELOT, including Lancelot's "C'est Moi":
I've never lost in battle or game;
I'm simply the best by far.
When swords are crossed
'Tis always the same:
One blow and au revoir!

C'est moi! C'est moi!
So adm'rably fit!
A French Prometheus unbound.
And here I stand, with valour untold,
Exception'ly brave, amazingly bold,
To serve at the Table Round!

No comments: