Friday, November 12, 2004

The Bright Side of Rejection

A freelancing rule of thumb: the heavier your SASE feels, the more likely your work's been rejected. I received such a SASE today from Greg Edwards of Naked Knuckle. Included was a typewritten letter on purple stationery. I expected this to be a form letter, but it was actually Greg's personal response--not only encouraging me to submit in the future, but also telling me which of my two poems he preferred. Yes, authentic, organically-grown feedback. Thanks again, Greg.

Greg Edwards, Editor
Naked Knuckle
211 Rowland Avenue
Modesto, CA 95354

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greg is great,
I've had pomes in three issues,
he always writes back personally and explains why he chose what he chose and why he didn't.

Naked Knuckle is one of the best out there, and hell, there are bloody thousands of inky pages to paper the floor with, it's proper and tough.

John Thomas Menesini
Pittsburgh PA