Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Here We Are Again

I remember watching election maps in 2000, pumping my fist as each state's results were called in my favor, hanging my head at each state that went against me, losing sleep over the words "Broward County," "recount," and "chad."

This year I turned to the opening NBA game on TNT, and, as is my custom, fell asleep from 7 p.m. to midnight. As the race tightened up, I knew it would be longer before we heard from each individual state, so I turned off the set to finish reading LITTLE GIRL LOST by Richard Aleas.

I went into the election--as I did this year's Yankees-Red Sox series--knowing it would be tight, and would probably hang on one state. So, the fact this has indeed happened doesn't surprise me.

Now comes word the official count may not be known for eleven days. Bagels, anyone?

No comments: