Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The Ongoing Straggle

"Stragglers" was rejected by Thieves Jargon, editor Matt DeGangi offering the kind of in-depth feedback you don't get from the huge markets.

The funny (ironic) thing is his comments weren't new to me (that the three friends need to be described in greater detail). As the story has shifted from a first-person anecdote to a wider-angle third-person story, I've puzzled over what detail to include and what to leave out. That I'm still puzzling over this is a sign to me that the story isn't there yet.

Last week a friend suggested I pull "Stragglers" out of circulation for a while. I may do that. In any case, I'll keep working on it between completed projects, and one day it will be ready when other stuff isn't. All part of the game.

("Circle of Life" is not playing in my head.)

No comments: