Monday, January 31, 2005

Going Sci-Fi

For the past five days, I've been plotting a science fiction story for submission to Raven Electrick in February. Two key stipulations from the guidelines: The story must be 1,000 words or less and PG-rated at most.

Having honed my short-writing skills on my last two stories, I figure I'm in good shape to write another short-short. Sci-fi is another question, though thinking back, the field isn't completely unfamiliar to me. I wrote two sci-fi detective stories for separate school projects (read: mediocre). One involved flying cars and mutants and the other involved colonizing Mars.

My latest attempt is far more real in the details, which I hope will take readers along when I do make the hop to speculative thinking. I drafted the story today. We shall see.

No comments: