Thursday, February 10, 2005

The Best Part of Smallville This Season

...is Lois Lane. Though Lois coming to Smallville in Clark's teens is uncharted territory (as far as I know), the character brings needed banter out of a pensive Clark.

In last night's episode, Lois, expelled from Metropolis U., unable to join her Army general father, needs a place to stay. She approaches Clark with a classic self-deprecating ramble, to which he responds:

"If you want, I guess you could stay with us—"

"Oh, you're a lifesaver. God, am I in need of a shower. Don't worry, Smallville. I'll try to keep it under a half hour."

Lois scoots away and the scene ends not on Clark's usual speechless stare, but on his laugh-inducing line, "What just happened?"

Which reminds me a SEAL cadence I once heard:

Superman is the Man of Steel,
but he ain't no match for a Navy SEAL.

Chief and Supes got in a fight,
Chief hit Supes with some kryptonite.

Supes fell down to his knees in pain,
Now Chief's dating Lois Lane.

No comments: