Sunday, February 20, 2005

STONE COLD First Reactions

I thought it was fine, probably the best quality of any Parker movie to date. I might have been more surprised if I hadn't read the book, but even so, there were enough changes to the wrap-up to keep me watching.

I also believe this is the best cast of actors Parker has ever been fortunate to have, and the movie as a whole is an example of what can be done when a novelist leaves actors, screenwriters, and directors alone.

Selleck's presence itself gave Jesse Stone credibility and rooting interest he may not have had otherwise.

Selleck did a spate of interviews leading up to the movie's premiere, including one with Zap2it in which he mentions:

Around 1982, I was supposed to do a "Spenser" feature film. That was before my pal Robert Urich did the character so admirably in the TV series. I was going to do a movie from the book "Early Autumn," but it didn't work out because the director fell through and I only had three months of availability because I was doing "Magnum."

Hmm, what might've been.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I fell asleep before the ending. I can only hope that it re-airs very soon.