Monday, March 07, 2005

How It All Began

Last week Sarah Weinman blogged about rummaging through her old files, feeling nostalgic about early writings. Unlike some on my blogroll, I can't reproduce my earliest stuff here for all to see.

I first seriously wanted to be a writer in eighth grade. A classmate of mine wrote a book that was published in our school library, and I thought If he can do it, I can. Two years before this competitive fire sparked, though, I wrote the beginning of a P.I. story, with said P.I. punching a door in. (Ouch.). Likewise, I don't think of myself as a screenwriter, but in eighth grade I wrote scripts for three home movies made with my brother and younger cousins. The first was a secret agent tale, the second a P.I. story, and the third bore blatant resemblance to SilverHawks.

The past is an ugly animal.

No comments: