Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Nomination Game

I've put my stories "A Little Trouble" and "Home" in the running for 2005 Derringer Awards, presented by the Short Mystery Fiction Society. As Thrilling Detective Fiction Editor, I nominated "God's Dice" by David White, "No Heroics" by David Cox, and "Roofies" by James R. Winter to represent the magazine. Another Thrilling story to watch for is Ray Banks's "Take Down the Union Jack", which would have been one of my three editorial picks if Dave White hadn't already sent it in.

Selecting for awards as an editor is difficult; I truly appreciate every story I choose for Thrilling. Speaking for myself and probably a lot of writers, the best awards you can give a writer are your time and feedback as a reader.

If you were a member of SMFS's Shortmystery Yahoo! Group as of noon February 6, 2005, you are eligible to submit up to two stories for Derringer consideration and participate in the voting that begins March 15.

No comments: