Monday, April 04, 2005

JAG Cancelled

Lee Goldberg relays:

After ten years of foreplay, David James Elliott's Harmon Rabb finally beds down Catherine Bell's Mac in the series finale of JAG, which CBS has decided to cancel...opting not to continue with a re-formated version of the series with a new cast shot on the cheap in San Diego. Zap2It reports that the finale, scheduled for 9 p.m. ET April 29, will find Harm and Mac "forced to face [their] feelings once and for all" following a "bombshell" revelation by Gen. Cresswell.

JAG has been a favorite of mine, remaining relevant for years. I lost some interest when Elliott decided to leave. Couldn't get behind Lt. Vukovic, the new hotshot, so I'm glad to see the show come to an end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jag has been a long running show many thought would be cancelled and yet it has survived odds. My JAG fans out there would agree that it is a cruel way to end the series. But all good things must come to an end.

Anonymous said...

Well, I must say I have sighed with relief when I found out the show was going to end. I never got past season 5 in my country, but it seems that in a couple of years I might well get there, too! Anyway, Im glad it's not one of those running for ever merciless soap operas. It is good to see an end. I suppose DB is to be thanked for all these years. Even though I haven;t seen all of the show, I enjoyed what I did get to see and from what I hear it was quite a good bit, with the last episode. So, thank you, JAG producers and crew.

Anonymous said...

In hindsight, I actually like the way the series ended. When Vukovic first came on the scene, I was annoyed. But watching the episodes on DVD now, I really like the character. I think they could have gone to some interesting places with him. I also like that the series finale has an active case going on. At the time of airing, I thought it was a distraction from the story lines I wanted to see wrapped up. But now I think it creates the feeling that life will go on.