Thursday, April 07, 2005

New Eyes

After last week's premiere, I said the jury was still out on this show. A two-hour premiere would have allowed exposition to be spread more evenly, but I guess midseason replacements rarely rate two-hour slots.

I just watched a tape of last night's episode and found it much easier to follow than the pilot. Harlan Judd (Tim Daly) is hired to find his college roommate's kidnapped mistress. The roommate claims he has no money for a ransom, but Judd and his team discover the roommate has actually made millions of dollars from a fake prescription/drug-dealing scheme.

Harlan offers to help the kidnapper get paid and escape the authorities, but the passport Judd gives the kidnapper is in the name of a known terrorist.

Clever. The show works for me. I hope it stays on a little while.

No comments: