Monday, May 30, 2005

Pre-Memorial BBQ

Yesterday I went to a pre-Memorial Day barbecue at my cousin Alan's house in nearby Westbury. In recent years, I've become more conscious of how much I consume at these events. It's easy to scarf down food so appealing and hot of the grill. I had:

Lunch

1 hot dog
1 hamburger
2 shrimp skewers
some handfuls of snack mix
half-a-cup of Pepsi with Lime
2 one-liter bottles of Poland Spring water

Dinner

A handful of battered shrimp
1 cocktail shrimp
1 hamburger with pickles
Two more bottles of Poland Spring

I balanced the food and drink with some backyard hoop-shooting, something I don't get to do on my own steep driveway and no-place-to-hang-a-basket. Notheless, basketball remains my favorite game because all you need are a ball, a basket, and yourself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't there some sort of shelter for battered shrimp?