Wednesday, June 22, 2005

AFI's Top 100 Movie Quotes

Though rankings can be debated ad nauseum, here is the full list.

I thought I'd put my own spin on this with ten most influential (on me) movie quotes (no order):

"I'm laughing at the superior intellect." - Capt. James T. Kirk (William Shatner), Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)

"Jedi Master? Yoda. You seek Yoda." - Yoda (Frank Oz), The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

"This is a blues riff in B. Watch me for the changes and try to keep up." - Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox), Back to the Future (1985)

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage." - Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones (Harrison Ford), Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

"Are you ready for me...Ralph?" - Lana (Rebecca DeMornay), Risky Business (1983)

"I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like 'em myself. They're pretty bad. I grieve over them long winter evenings. And I don't mind you ritzing me or drinking your lunch out of a bottle, but don't waste your time trying to cross-examine me." - Philip Marlowe (Humphrey Bogart), The Big Sleep (1946)

"You ever hear of a ritual killing?" - Buck Russell (John Candy), Uncle Buck (1989)

"I wasn't always a police officer." - Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy), Beverly Hills Cop II (1987)

"Gentlemen, this is the real thing. This is what you've been trained for. You are America's best. Make us proud." - Stinger (James Tolkan), Top Gun (1986)

"Come out to the Coast. We'll get together, have a few laughs." - John McClane (Bruce Willis), Die Hard (1988)

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman (Bill Murray), Ghostbusters (1984)

2 comments:

John DuMond said...

You have some of my favorites there. Especially the Ghostbusters, Raiders, and Die Hard quotes.

I saw that article earlier today and decided to do a post of my pics for 10 best movie quotes. I guess you beat me to the punch. Oh well, at the risk of looking derivative, I'll go ahead and post it anyway.

Dave White said...

"You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight? I ask that question of all my prey. I just like the sound of it."

-The Joker (Jack Nicholson) in the 1989 version of Batman