Wednesday, August 17, 2005

AP: Pierce Brosnan Out As James Bond, 007

A single, surprising phone call and it was over. That's how Pierce Brosnan says he learned that his services as James Bond would no longer be required...Brosnan says he's grateful to have had the role, but adds: "It never felt real to me. I never felt I had complete ownership over Bond. Because you'd have these stupid one-liners which I loathed and I always felt phony doing them."

I'm glad to hear Brosnan say this. He deserves better than Bond.

2 comments:

Dave White said...

I felt Brosnan played Bond with class, but I always felt he needed better screenplays than he had. In fact, I always felt his most natural moments as Bond actualy came in Tomorrow Never Dies.

Gerald So said...

I agree. Tomorrow Never Dies is my favorite of the Brosnan Bonds.