Friday, August 12, 2005

End-of-Summer Reading

I'm currently reading Black Maps by Peter Spiegelman, and I just ordered the following from Overstock.com, taking advantage of $1 shipping:

78 Reasons Why Your Book May Never Be Published And 14 Reasons Why It Just Might by Pat Walsh

I've heard good buzz about this book, and I appreciate sober takes on the business.

The Death You Deserve by David Bowker

I've wanted to try Bowker since Sarah Weinman recommended one of his books on her blog.

Murder Is My Racquet edited by Otto Penzler

I'm a tennis fan and a mystery fan, so this is a good bet. It features some of my favorite authors: Lawrence Block, James W.Hall, Jeremiah Healy...and I'd like to write a tennis mystery.

Branded Woman by Wade Miller

Another touted Hard Case Crime reprint, featuring a femme fatale and tropical locale.

No comments: