Wednesday, October 05, 2005

If You Want to Celebrate My Birthday...

Thirty-one.

Much less momentous than thirty.

Last year I mentioned never listing things to do before thirty. I'm glad for what I have done to exercise my talent and get my work out there, but at the same time it's never enough. I hope I never lose the healthy desire to improve.

Last year I attended S.J. Rozan's Absent Friends launch party at Partners & Crime. No plans like that today. (I'm usually the planner. Who wants to plan his own birthday party?) I live a good distance from my closest friends, making my house a veritable Fortress of So-litude.

In any case, I'm grateful to have lived this long and to have this blog whereby I've "met" so many of you. If you want to celebrate my birthday, read my work and let me know what you think.

Cheers, everyone.

UPDATE (3:08 PM ET): In the comments I mention I was born in the year of tiger. I'm celebrating with "Eye of the Tiger" on repeat:

So many times, it happens too fast,
You trade your passion for glory,
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past,
You must fight just to keep them alive –


A cousin has invited me to a steak dinner.

7 comments:

Dave White said...

Happy Birthday G.

Ray Banks said...

Have a cracking birthday, G. Your walking stick's in the post. Hell, you'll need something to threaten kids with when you hit the ripe old age of 32. And with our postal system it'll take a year to get there...

Graham Powell said...

Happy birthday. Knock back a beer or two, or at least a big glass of chocolate milk.

Gerald So said...

Thanks, guys. I don't hit another prime number 'til 2011.

John DuMond said...

Holy guacamole! You were born the same year the Rockford Files premiered on TV? Too cool. Happy birthday Gerald.

Gerald So said...

Thanks, John. Yes, '74--a wooden tiger year in Chinese astrology.

Mystery Dawg said...

Happy Birthday Gerald. Being that I must be the senior member of the Cabana Boys I can tell that life gets as you get older.

Stick to the soft drink stuff and maintain that edge on your brain.

Now the downside of this getting older stuff is the slow down in the metabolism and/or a woman who cooks great meals.

All in All, Happy Birthday.