Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Our revels now are ended

The Hofstra Medieval Revels are a traditional celebration of various year-end rituals: Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, Yule, finals...dating back to 1984.

Two of my Font friends met playing guitar and bass respectively at the Revels and invited me to come along in 1995. Most years since then, I've lent my voice in song and spoken word.

One year I was scheduled to play the Deity in a production of the Coventry Play of Joseph and Mary. Alas, the show did not go on. Another year, my friends and I recorded our own blooper-filled version of the Revels to send to a comrade in the Peace Corps.

I can't attend tonight, but the memories are there.


In 2000, I stepped up as an emergency reader. On my shirt is a rendition of Picasso's Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.

No comments: