Tuesday, December 06, 2005

TriQuarterly Represents Queens

The current issue of Northwestern University's lit magazine TriQuarterly is chock full of work by the Queens College Jedi masters who instructed me:

The issue is guest-edited by Kimiko Hahn, who helped jumpstart my interest in poetry, and features work by:

Jeffery Renard Allen, fellow basketball fan whose class featured work by Tim O'Brien, Cynthia Ozick, and John Edgar Wideman, and in whose class I workshopped the story that would become "This Never Happened to Superman."

Harold Schechter, whose survey class, "American Dreams and Nightmares," introduced me to the work of Truman Capote, James Dickey, Brett Easton Ellis, Hubert Selby Jr., and Jim Thompson. Shechter also accepted "Spenser and Hawk: Good and Evil in the Fiction of Robert B. Parker" as a term paper.

John Weir, my first fiction instructor at Queens and eventually my Master's project advisor, possessing perceptive powers far beyond those of mortal men.

Again and always, I thank them.

No comments: