Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Five Thrilling Years

In March 2001, I joined The Thrilling Detective Web Site as Assistant Fiction Editor to Victoria Esposito-Shea. At the time, I'd had two stories rejected by Thrilling and wasn't sure why I was asked aboard...

In all honesty, since catching the reading bug in college I've never been able to passively accept a story, giving the author the benefit of the doubt. I have to wonder why the author chose the words and how different choices would change the story.

My experience at Thrilling has helped me market and accept feedback on my own writing, and whether by rejection or acceptance, I aim to help writers find their distinct voices.

Thanks to Victoria for showing me the ropes and to Kevin Burton Smith for keeping me sharp. Finally, thanks to the authors I have and will work with.

No comments: