Sunday, April 30, 2006

BONES: BURIED DEEP by Max Allan Collins

As a fan of FOX's TV version of Kathy Reichs' forensic mysteries, I thought I'd try Max Allan Collins's tie-in novel featuring the TV characters who bear little resemblance Reichs's originals. I was satisfied with Collins's readable prose, The plot, wherein serial killings interfere with the FBI's case against a Chicago mobster, reminded me of his past body of work. A bit more of a stretch would have been nice.

The characters' dialogue and interactions were slightly off, but this is understandable given the lead time Collins must have had to write the novel. As with most tie-ins, I suppose, the book will satisfy fans wondering how these characters would look in print. I'm curious to see if the books improve as the show develops.

No comments: