Tuesday, July 04, 2006

"No, no, no. No more foreplay."

Lots of people said I had to watch the Spider-Man 3 teaser ASAP. So today I did. I've liked the Spider-Man movies so far, and I liked the teaser fine, but it hasn't changed my life. I can't muster much enthusiasm for trailers. They're designed to make you want to watch a movie; of course they will look good. If they don't look good, chances are the movie is hopeless.

The trailers that have intrigued me are those in which an actor was stepping into a famous role: Pierce Brosnan in GoldenEye, Antonio Banderas in The Mask of Zorro, Samuel L. Jackson in Shaft, Ben Affleck in Daredevil, Christian Bale in Batman Begins.

In the case of Superman Returns, I knew I would see the movie regardless and did not want to see any advance footage.

No comments: