Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Yesterday

...was my self-imposed deadline for writing a novel this summer. I didn't come close, but a novel is still one of my goals.

...at 2:47 PM Central, my friends Matt and Kim Tedesco welcomed their second daughter Ava Estelle.

...Hideki Matsui returned to the Yankee lineup and went 4-for-4 with a walk.

...Bobby Abreu drove in a total of seven runs, six in the first inning.

...Derek Jeter was walked three times and hit by a pitch before being pulled for a pinch-hitter. Jeter didn't get a hit, but neither did he record an official at-bat, so his 20-game hitting streak is, by rule, intact.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nod to my new little girl, G... fyi, it's Ava Estelle. (Though Grace would've been quite nice too!)

Gerald So said...

Correction made. I must have seen Ava Grace somewhere else. Here I was thinking I knew two newborns with the same name.

Congrats again!