Sunday, February 18, 2007

Boar-ing

Today begins the Chinese year of the Boar (or Pig, but Boar sounds cooler). I was once very interested in Chinese astrology, and if you are, go here, or here.

My family combined a new year celebration with the anniversary of my grandmother's birth (which was actually yesterday). Lots of good food that incidentally I couldn't eat because I had dental surgery yesterday to repair newly-detected damage from having my wisdom teeth out years ago. I'm not in any pain worth mentioning or I wouldn't be here to mention it, but I am on a softer diet until next Saturday.

For dinner last night, I had lukewarm chicken noodle soup with bread bits. For breakfast today, lukewarm oatmeal with semi-sweet chocolate chips melted in. Mmm. For lunch, lukewarm beef and spinach soup with rice. As of today, I think it's a nice change pace. Ask again later in the week.

1 comment:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Hope you're feeling better by now. Wait until it's dental implant surgery. Warning: do not grind teeth.