Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Sports Takes

The Boston Celtics acquired Kevin Garnett from the Minnesota Timberwolves for Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff and two 2009 draft picks. Along with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen, this gives the Celtics three very good players, and should put them into contention for the Eastern Conference. Normally, I wouldn't want to see one team give up so much, but considering how bad the Celtics have been of late, I like it.

The New York Yankees hit 8 homeruns, defeating the Chicago White Sox 16-3 last night. None was hit by Alex Rodriguez, who remains at 499 for his career. Just funny.

1 comment:

Peter Rozovsky said...

I dunno, I lived in Boston and its suburbs when the Celtics were good (I even once saw M.L. Carr carrying a bag of groceries out of a Star Market in Wayland.) Unfortunately, I also remember the M.L. Carr and Rick Pitino years. I have a feeling Ray Allen will suddenly get old and Kevin Garnett will age five years.
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/