Monday, June 02, 2008

Exeunt

Wedding celebrated, some 80 strong relations converged on my house yesterday to commemorate two 50th anniversary couples and several birthdays. Cousins from Canada got to meet cousins from The Philippines, and I personally got to have a few words with one I hadn't seen but remembered fondly since age 7 or 8.

And today, two of the larger families leave for L.A. and Hawaii respectively. I'll miss them, even the ones who called me Gerard or George, and inevitably I'll hold mental pictures of them at this age while I don't expect to change my look much. I wasn't the one who took them to Broadway shows or made their dreams of laptops come true. I was the one who looked up driving directions, train schedules, and shopping sites to meet their needs in this digital age.

No comments: