Monday, July 14, 2008

Let's do brunch.

Had brunch at Elmo yesterday with my friends Regan, Deshant, and Deshant's girlfriend Tracy. Passing on french toast and toasted granola, I went with the Tex-Mex, which turned out to be scrambled eggs with crushed tortilla chips on a bed of black beans and cilantro. Just right.

I showed Regan a copy of The Lineup, and she didn't get my poem "Witness Protection", but she did like one by Misti Rainwater-Lites.

Deshant bought a copy of chapbook directly from me and promised he submit for Issue #2. He also gave me The Family Guy Presents Blue Harvest on DVD.

After brunch, we watched Wall-E at the 34th Street AMC Loews. With friends, I didn't mind paying $12 for a movie I'd already seen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crimeny, $12?? I'm glad I work at a university because my ID still gets me student discounts. I LOVED Wall-E and want to see it again, but I don't know that I'd do it for $12.

Wow.