Monday, September 15, 2008

The Big Bang Theory

I'm a fan of Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco, but I didn't catch much of this show last season as it was on Mondays at 8:30, halfway through episodes of Chuck. Late last week I watched all 17 episodes on DVD. I'm nowhere near a physicist, but I am a Trekkie, a superhero fan, and a recovering gamer. Heck, the show has enough across-the-hall hijinks and camaraderie, you may not need to be any of those things to enjoy it.

The Season 1 finale re-airs tonight at 8, in which Penny (Cuoco) dumps her latest stud boyfriend and agrees to go on a date with Leonard (Galecki). In next week's premiere, the date has supposedly gone awry and Penny seeks advice from Leonard's smarter, more neurotic roommate Sheldon (Jim Parsons). Help me, Obi-wan Kenobi, I'm hooked.

3 comments:

MysterLynch said...

I am sure you have heard that Sara Gilbert is being upgrade to cast regular.

While some geek aspects got a bit tiring at times, I did enjoy season one quite a bit.

pattinase (abbott) said...

This is a well-written show and full of insights about the four guys. Sheldon is particularly well-acted. It's less adept at writing interesting women, but I think it will get there.

Gerald So said...

I have heard that, Jeremy. It will be neat to see Galecki and Gilbert on a regular basis again.