Friday, September 26, 2008

My Bouchercon Schedule

I will be arriving at Bouchercon midday October 9, so here are the panels and events I'll be attending:

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9

1:30 P.M.-2:30 P.M. (International B)

ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT (Kiss) Keeping people hooked on the book. David Montgomery(M), Andrew Gross, Stephen Hunter, Mike Lawson, Gayle Lynds, M.J. Rose

3:00 P.M.-4:00 P.M. (International D)

CONCRETE JUNGLE (Bob Marley & the Wailers) Urban or rural does the setting change the writing? Reed Farrel Coleman(M) Thomas H. Cook, Steve Hamilton, David Hewson, Laura Lippman

4:30 P.M.-5:30 P.M. (International E)

JANIE'S GOT A GUN (Aerosmith) Do you need to kick ass to be kick ass? J.T. Ellison(M), Tasha Alexander, Robert Fate, Cornelia Read, Greg Rucka, Zoƫ Sharp

7:00 P.M.

Opening Ceremonies- Sheraton-International Ballroom-Presentation of the Barry, Macavity & CrimeSpree Awards


FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10

7:30 - 8:15ish A.M.

Breakfast with DetecToday, CrimeSeen, and/or Spenser's Sneakers members, if any show up. Otherwise it's just me. Anyone interested can meet me in the lobby of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center at 7:30 A.M., and we'll make a plan.

10:00 - 11:00 A.M. (International D)

POETRY IN MOTION (Johnny Tittotrea) Crime rhyme with Reed Farrel Coleman(M), Sophie Hannah, John Harvey, Gerald So

11:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M. (Pratt)

THE KILLING MOON (Echo & the Bunnymen) Noir for the new century. Megan Abbott & Eddie Muller

1:30 P.M.-2:30 P.M. (International D)

CATCH A RISING STAR (Jim Roberts) Best first novelists. Margaret Maron(M), Sean Chercover, Lisa Lutz, Craig McDonald, Marcus Sakey

3:00 - 4:00 P.M. (International A)

MONEY BACK GUARANTEE (5 Man Electric Band) Books we love that you should too. Dana Kaye(M), Patti Abbott, Lee Child, Bill Crider, Rae Helmsworth, Ali Karim

4:30 P.M.-5:30 P.M. (International B)

A SINGER MUST DIE (Leonard Cohen) Books that have a lasting impact. Jennifer Jordan(M), John Connolly, Christa Faust, Russel McLean, Nathan Singer, Martyn Waites

6:30 P.M.

Shamus Awards Dinner-Westminster Hall 519 W. Fayette



SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11

8:30 A.M.-9:30 A.M. (International C)

TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS (BTO) The business of publishing. Madeira James(M), Maggie Griffin, Ben LeRoy, Scott Miller, David Hale Smith, Sarah Weinman

11:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M. (International B)

PRIVATE EYES (Hall and Oates) Why would someone want to be a PI? Harry Hunsicker(M), Linwood Barclay, Declan Hughes, John Lutz, Dave White, Michael Wiley

1:30 P.M.-2:30 P.M. (International E)

BORN UNDER A BAD SIGN (Albert King) Protagonists that walk the line. Robin Hathaway(M), Sean Doolittle, R.J. Ellroy, J.D. Rhoades, Steve Thayer

3:00 P.M.-4:00 P.M. (International E)

HOLD ME, THRILL ME, KISS ME, KILL ME (U2) Batman-world's greatest detective? McKenna Jordan(M), Brian Azzarello, Tim Broderick, Victor Gischler, Greg Rucka

I will be attending Mass at St. Alphonsus 5:30-6:30ish P.M. and on Sunday I head home. Comment if you know of any side events I'd enjoy.

5 comments:

Bill Cameron said...

Busy fellow! I'll be around there somewhere, but no clue yet where exactly. Except, doh, I just remember I need to get back to Sean about my panel! Gah. I am soooo far behind on life.

Martin Edwards said...

Hi Gerald, you'll be missing all my panels, but I do hope to get the chance to say hello to you!

Gerald So said...

Martin, I might make your Sunday 10:00 A.M. panel. I left Sunday open because I'm not sure right now how long I'll get to stay. In any case, do say hello.

mybillcrider said...

Be sure to stop by after my panel and say "hey" if you get a chance. I don't know what I'll be doing (other than my panels) yet. I'm not very organized.

Gerald So said...

Will do, Bill.